Copyright Notice

All photos on MRC Aviation are copyrighted to me, or the photographer of that photo. All photos that are downloaded from MRC Aviation are strictly intended for personal use only. Anyone, including the media, who would like to use any of the photos on the Blog, for any purpose other than personal use, must contact me to obtain permission to use the photo(s). Any photo not taken by me, that was obtained from another photographer or another source, that appears on this Blog, will be duly acknowledged as such.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ardmore Classic

A quick visit to Ardmore today had me just about run into the curb! I was trundling along happily and saw this red and white scheme in the distance sitting at Oceania and thought, oh, a Hiller 1100. As I got closer to their compound I quickly realised it was of a similar vintage (June 1960) but not a FH1100, but a Bell 47J-2 Ranger registered VH-JEY. It is registered to Helicopters Pty Ltd of Condell Park, NSW and judging by the degree of interest in it I would say the accompanying photos are of it carrying out its first flight in NZ. There is another Bell 47J-2 in the country, ZK-HGI based at Tauranga.

Also in the Oceania hanger was Notar 500N N520AN c/n LN-034 registered to HeliservicesLLC.