Copyright Notice

All photos on MRC Aviation are copyrighted to me, or the photographer of that photo. All photos that are downloaded from MRC Aviation are strictly intended for personal use only. Anyone, including the media, who would like to use any of the photos on the Blog, for any purpose other than personal use, must contact me to obtain permission to use the photo(s). Any photo not taken by me, that was obtained from another photographer or another source, that appears on this Blog, will be duly acknowledged as such.

Friday, June 22, 2018

Whenuapai Action

RNZAF Base Auckland, aka Whenuapai, is home to the Air Force's fixed wing transport and maritime patrol squadrons. 5 Squadron operate six Lockheed P3K Orions and 6 Squadron has a nine strong fleet of SH2G(I) Seasprite helicopters. 40 Squadron have two Boeing 757's and five Lockheed C130H Hercules. The following photos were taken 19 June 2018.

Hercules NZ7001 flew a parachute drop exercise with two runs at 10000ft delivering six jumpers each time. 







Seasprite SH2G(I) NZ3617 returned to Whenuapai from points west.  



Seasprite SH2G(I) NZ3611 conducted a number of circuits. 

P3K Orion NZ4204 spent time in the pattern carrying out live equipment drops.